Thursday, April 28, 2011

And off we go

D day has approached and in two days this time I'll be boarding the flight to Zurich with the two little ones.
Am I prepared?
Not nearly enough. I've not learnt much cooking. A is still not sleeping properly at night. S is still having milk from her bottle. Three things to be ticked off in the last month not done
Am I looking forward to it?
Yes, with some trepidation. Its going to be a lot of work, running a household, cooking, driving to each place, looking after the two brats. But somehow I'm looking at it as an adventure and an opportunity to spend time with the kids without the pressure of work. It helps that Switzerland is such a beautiful place and the plan (as of now) is to drive out as much as possible in the summer months. My brother is visiting in June and my parents are coming in August for a month, already looking forward to it. It helps that some of the groundwork has already been done- we are getting our flat tomorrow night, the hubby is getting the car on Saturday and S has got admission in her school (touchwood).
And why am I confident that I can manage
I am not. I've been sleepless nights over the last week wondering how I will manage. Even my mom yesterday said she was worried about how I will manage. I'vebeen terribly spoilt my whole life - i took up my mba college to be near my parents and have the comfort of home. Even for both kids, my mom was there for more than 2 months around the delivery time, and then I pushed off for 3 months each to my parents place! Even my friends pamper me! I'm going to have to manage it by myself (the hubby has already spent 15 days out of the last month outside Zurich and warned me that this is the way things are going to be) and that too in a place where I don't speak the local language. The only thing which gives me hope that I can manage is that I don't have a choice. And sometimes that's the best way for it to be..

2 comments:

Rohini said...

You'll do just fine.

Anita said...

I think you are not giving yourself as much credit as you should.