Thursday, April 28, 2016

First few weeks in London

Again captured from emails with friends...goes backward in time to keep it more interesting :)
This weekend we got a lot of stuff done around the house so it's finally looking liveable. The girls trampoline is up and so is the garden shed where we can store the cycles. Our gym room is also set up. I'm meeting our neighbour for coffee on Friday when I'll discuss about our noisy treadmill and inform her that we would be making a lot of noise 3-4 times a week on the treadmill. Hope she doesn't freak out! Girls are finally going to school tomorrow. I can't say they are looking forward to it but over the weekend we met by friend in Hampstead who has a son A's age and the downstairs children who are all very nice so I told the girls that the children in london would also be nice. Keeping fingers crossed that they get nice classmates and teachers! We saw jungle book in 3D yesterday. It was excellent. N is travelling from tomorrow afternoon to Saturday - I think I'll use the time the girls are in school doing all the routine stuff - bank account, registering at a GP etc. would also like to walk around the area and figure out where stuff is. It's impossible to go browsing in a shop with the girls. 

Hello hello finally a sunny day here in london. Our treadmill is still not set up so I've started running on the road - from home to regents park, half a round there and back. It's about 6.5 km I think. It's much tougher to run on the road than on the treadmill I find, with the many ups and downs. The first 2-3 times I had to take many breaks but now I'm slowly improving. How is your jogging going - will you start again or is your knee still paining?


Today we went to the Hampstead Heath park which is about 1 mile from our house. The girls took their scooter but it was quite a steep climb up to reach the park. The park is lovely with a mini zoo with deer and rhea and kookkoburras. After that we had an Indian lunch and are back home and relaxing 😊 I went to open a bank account and they said they would not accept the lease agreement in nikhils name alongwith our marriage certificate and a declaration that we live together !!! I have to get a utility bill in my name..highly frustrating..

A random piece of info for you - I can throw all my recyclables - plastic glass cardboard etc into the green wheelie bin outside my house and they will pick it up on a weekly basis. No need to press and wrap the cardboard, lug the glass bottles to the recycling and go to coop with the plastic bottles 😊 I hope you are not sending glares my way now...

I must say its much colder in london than zurich - inside the appartment because of the single glazing and also outside its much more windy than zurich...

1 comment:

Anita said...

Good to see you are back to blogging! And looks like settling into London will be a lot quicker than settling into Zurich