Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What a day

Yesterday was really a very trying day. Firstly and most importantly S was unwell. She had a runny nose from day before and it got much worse yesterday. Poor S, she didn't sleep well day before night, was having difficulty breathing due to a blocked nose, and the flem problem got worse because she threw up yesterday's breakfast (three times now in 2 days that she's thrown up an entire meal). I got paranoid and insisted on giving her breakfast again myself. Secondly i as down with a bad cold so have been taking medicines continously. Then office work has really got strenous and am not sure how I am going to meet the deadlines since i'm on leave next week. Related to the week there's tons of packing to be done. And lastly, the last straw on my back- both my maids decided to quit on me- the cook and the girl who helps around the house and plays with S. They are both friends and have been ganging up on the baby maid and firing her behind my back, When I got to know about this I told them that this is unacceptable behaviour and if they have any problems with her and the way she is handling the child it needs to be escalated to me and not for them to step in. They did not like it- thought i would take their side and conspired and yesterday told me they are leaving. I was pretty upset last night-so many maids have quit, i wonder whether i am too strict or what is wrong. Furtehr the hubby is on one of his foreign jaunts and unable to help. Overall was in pretty bad shape yesterday, hope all tursn out ok

No comments: