Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Waiting for the hols!

Now that I have started working full time (have been into office everyday, full day since Dec 15th) I can’t wait for the holidays, so that I get to spend some time with S. Otherwise the days are chok-a block , get up at 7:30 am with S, give her morning milk, then play with her till about 8:45 am, then get all S stuff ready , prepare her breakfast, give it to the maid to give S, get ready and leave for office by 9:30 am- get back at 6 pm on a good day and 7:30 pm on a bad day. Take S to park if I get back by 6, then her bath, her evening snooze (during which time I get her dinner in shape) then her night meal, a hurried dinner and pplaying with her till 10:30 p.m., then her night milk and finally sleep time at 11 pm (the only time S actually goes off to sleep without us having to vigorously rock her to sleep). Then sundry activities like boiling water, sterilizing, catching up on the days news/ surfing tv if in a bad mood etc and off to sleep at around 12 p.m. Some nights S gets up 2-3 times at night, not for a feed but general fussiness, then I have to get up, part her back to sleep, and if I am too lazy put her between me and the hubby and she will snuggle up to us and sleep. My favorite part of the day is between 6 am and 7:30 am when she has been brought to our bed and is snuggled upto us and fast asleep. Of course now with working full time I get no naps during the day so have to make do with the sleep I get at night- which is anywhere between 61/2 to 71/2 – not bad do I hear you say- I agree, but if it is disturbed 2-3 times and I don’t get back to sleep that easily, then I feel sleepy right through the day.
Anyway am on leave next week- sis-in-law is getting married plus I want to go home for some pampering. I;m really looking forward to spending time with S (though most of the time that involves running after her when she goes exploring the house-really she has an attention span of 2 mins for all her toys/books/cuddles from me etc etc); getting some sleep in the afternoon and some exercise (I have really got to lose the pregnancy flab, no excuse after 101/2 months). I need to start potty training S as well, get her hair into some shape- it stands up now!!, start talking much more to her- all things I have been putting off saying no time. I wonder how moms who donlt have support of baby maids/their mums (my mum has been here since I started working full time) manage-hats off to them.

S has become very naughty now- she has learnt how to throw things from our balcony into the downstairs balcony. She has also starting screaming if she doesn't get what she wants that particular instance. My baby is growing up!

No comments: