Saturday, December 13, 2014

Running and a sporty holiday

The hubby has decided to run the marathon this year (Zurich marathon in April 2015). I'm inspired and am planning to run the city run of 10 km on the same. I've been lucky to find a friend (another mom at school) who can run at the same pace at me and we've been able to run 10 km in the city a couple of times over the last 2 months. After running on the treadmill, I haven't found it that difficult, but I must admit we run pretty slowly (we cover 10 km in 1 hr 10 mins as against 45 mins of the running club at school). But that's comfortable enough for me. We also talk continuously so that helps take my mind off any aches and pains - today i tried to run alone and after 2 km i had to alternate running and walking - I find the treadmill much easier.
My friend and I are thinking of taking part in a few city runs this year - definetly Zurich, maybe Lausanne, Fribourg, Greifensee, keeping fingers crossed.
Anyway this year for the winter holidays we (the hubby!!) has decided not to travel anywhere and we are going to make a sporty holiday of it. So everyday either running, skiing, swimming or ice skating!! Sounds like a plan. I have to admit that I am not too keen on the skiing part - I am still scared on the blue slopes and he wants to try red!
Anyway this is a welcome change and I think its nice for the girls to see us be so involved in sports. S likes skiing, swiming and ice skating and A likes the last two. Being here in Switzerand, if you don't like winter sports its difficult to find stuff to do in winter with the snow, the days getting dark at 4 pm and the very few options for indoor entertainment (as compared to the States). 

No comments: