Sunday, June 10, 2012

All grown up

My little baby is growing up. And it feels so fast. First it was the playdates without me. Earlier when we were at her friend's place and I had to go and pick A up from her school then S would insist on coming along with me. Now she happily asks to stay with her friend. The other day i had to go for a couple of hours to my book club meeting in the middle of the day and we were in the park with her friend and she said she didn't want to come with me and that i could pick her up from her friend's house after.
And then the afternoon naps. They are more or less gone. During the week there's no time for them and sometimes if I'm lazy in the weekend I get her to take a small nap as well. But it's mostly off to sleep at 8:30 -9 pm at night, straight till 7 in the morning.
And now she's finally asked for her own room. Her two good friends have their own room and when she saw it in their house she also starting ask for her own room. So finally over the weekend we moved her car bed out of our room and into the study. shifted the study stuff to the dining room and brought the toys to her bedroom so now she has her own room where she sleeps. And fingers crossed she's started going to sleep by herself in her room and is very excited about it. She comes to our room in the morning, but that's fine for now. I thought she would intially get upset about A continuting to sleep with us but she's cool about it.
Sigh how quickly time goes by...from August she'll be in school from 8:30 to 3:15 everyday. I still have A for company though...:)

2 comments:

Anita said...

:) So much for your long ago complaints of not having enough space in the bed. Hopefully if A also moves into S's room, you will get a full nights sleep!

Mum's delight said...

Ha A has no intentions of moving out. She's just so thrilled S has been kicked out!