Friday, December 16, 2011

New Years resolutions

It's been a long time since i made New years resolutions, but this year I feel there are so many things which are in my control and which need changing that it merited some resolutions on my side

1. To spend more time doing activities/playing with the kids. Too much time is going in housework now. My target is to spend at last one hour in quality time with the kids daily, which does not include dropping them/picking them from school. Earlier when it used to be bright till 9 pm I would take them daily to the park in the evening. But now it gets dark by 4:30 pm so that activity is gone, and in the evenings i just end up doing some housework while the children play by themselves.

2. Exercise at least 4 times a week. I've more or less managed to do this in the last few months, and have to stick with it.

3. Read at least 1 book a month. I very ambitiously joined a book club, but so far I've not read even one of the books or attended any of the meetings. As a start i want to read at least the book club book for the month plus any others i can manage.

4. Try to sleep by 11:30 every night, and get the kids to bed by a reasonable time. The both are linked to each other. The kids take a long siesta in the afternoon and are unable to sleep before 10:30/11 in the night. After that i need a couple of hours of me time to watch TV/surf the net etc and i end up sleeping only around 1 am. And we all have to get up at 7 am for school so all are exhausted. Need to shift this back by at least 11/2 hours and have the kids asleep by 9 pm and me in bed by 11:30-12 max.

5. Cook one new dish a week. I'm only sticking to the staples and what's the point of having to cook if at the end of it the onyl thing you can show for your efforts is making rasam and sambhar. So one new dish a week is my target. Doesn't matter if no one eats it!. Baking is also included in this.

So that's my list. What's your list of 5?




No comments: