Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The concern is overwhelming

So today was one of those exhausting days with school drops and pick ups, exercise, grocery, doctor's visit, park etc all squeezed in and literally no time to sit down and catch my breath and I was quite exhausted by the end of it.
When i was giving S her bath at night she looks at me and says "Mamma you are looking tired". I say, "Yes dear, today was very tiring" Then she again looks at me and says "You are looking sad". I say "No dear, I'm just very tired, I did blah blah blah blah today".
She looks at me for some time and looks worried, and I think she's going to tell me to relax or offer to clean up her toys at night or something to that effect, when she looks at me and says in a worried tone "So who will read books to me at night?"
Clearly she has her priorities right...

1 comment:

Anita said...

S is turning out to be quite senstive I must say. I never realised 3-year olds noticed such things about their parents.