Saturday, February 26, 2011

Turning the other cheek

The other day S came back home with a scratch on her cheek, and when I questioned her she admitted that another girl bullied her from time to time- something pinching her, sometimes telling her she's very small, and today scratching her. I got really upset, and the next day whne I dropped S to school I told the teacher in front of S and the whole class, that the girl was bullying her. She then asked the girl not to do that anymore, and I also told the girl not to, in front of everyone. After that I've not heard any more instances from S. When it comes to kids, I am not a believer in turning the other cheek. I taught S to push anyone who tries to hit her, and make her practise on me once in a while. While i strongly teach her not to hit anyone I don't want her to be a pushover. So imagine my surprise when I went for the open house today and the teacher tells me that S was telling her friend N to hit another boy - "usko maro" were her words. And when the teacher asked S what she said, she just kept quiet, and when the teacher asked N she said S had asked her to hit the boy!!!
Well this is a first, talk about firing from someone else's shoulder. N is taller and bigger than S, but I don't know why S was interested in hitting the boy and why she wanted someone else to do the deed for her. When i asked her she was evasive, am going to keep a keener eye and ear on the goings on at school from now.

2 comments:

Anita said...

clearly she is smarter than any of us if she is delegating unpleasant tasks so efficiently to others!

Mum's delight said...

I should learn from her and start delegating chores to her...but probably she'll delegate that to A!