Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Liquid diets

I could not resist a post on my diet these days.
9 am : 1 cup bournvita
10 am: 1 cup tea
11 am: 1 cup tea
1 pm: Dal water
2:30 pm: Juice
5 pm : Chickoo/banana milkshake
6:30 pm : 1 cup tea
7:30 pm: 1 cup soup
9 pm: 1 cup soup/ dal water
9:30 pm: Protein shake

I've started experimenting with the 9 pm soup/dal water. Its either soup a friend gives, or home made vegetable soup, or recently I've started taking masoor dal (made for normal eating) and putting it in the blender with water. Yesterday it was chole alongwith one piece of aloo/capsicum. Sounds yuck, but it was quite yum !!!
Was looking at the net for what other people do with jaw fractures and it mainly seems to be protein shakes and milk shakes with Oreo. I am lucky I have held to prepare juice, dal water, soup etc for me and keep me well nourished every couple of hours. There's a cook book for drinking after jaw fractures also!!! must be a common affair. I read that some people blend beef steaks and potatoes also, so i guess chole is not so bad!!
Last Sunday the hubby and I went to a Chinese restaurant for lunch. I thought I'll have some soup. All the soups had something in them, so through clenched teeth I explained to the waiter to get me clear soup, he then proceeded to get me corn soup with whole corn kernels and small particles. I sent it back and he returned without the kernels, but still with small particles. I could not have more than 5 sips of the soup and got highly irritated by the whole experience. No more restaurants till I can have some semi solid food at least!
Am slightly apprehensive about our look see in Zurich scheduled in another couple of weeks. I get very tired unless I have something to drink every couple of hours - day before I went to office, then park and then to a colleague's wedding and was exhausted afterwards. Hope I can manage ok there.

3 comments:

Rohini said...

Let's make our plan to diversify your liquid diet happen real soon :)

Anonymous said...

I know, some spirits to wind up the day would a welcome change! What's your scene this weekend, or during the week next week.

Rohini said...

Saturday, Sunday or Monday night is fine with me...