Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Too tired to think

Lately I’ve been feeling too tired, and I feel bad since its been having an effect on the time I spend with S, my interactions with the hubby (now mostly is this done, is that done, why are you not doing this….) and my basic frame of mind.
I seriously need to figure out why I am so tired – this has been going for some time now but two incidents which played out over the last few days have really brought things into perspective...

Last two days S was crying while doing potty and I just didn’t make the connection that she could have a rash. The hubby (who is much more chilled out) and of course not bogged down by the everyday routine, was just with her for 10 mins and realized it. I feel like such a lazy, bad mother..
When hubby said he was unwell yesterday, and was to stay home in the old house the next day,; I shouted at him for not telling me earlier since I had moved half the stuff to the new house and how I would now need to call up all the maids asking them to come to the existing house, instead of asking him how he felt and what was the problem

I have generally become very irritatable and short tempered about most things and instead of appreciating my time with S, I keep whining to the hubby about how tough it is to manage house (2 houses!!) and work and baby and how he is not doing anything blah blah blah…

These are the things which I figured are making me more tired and I plan to have a good shot at tackling them..
After S sleeps I spend about ½ hour doing stuff around the house and then another 45 mins reading. Considering that S sleeps at 11 and gets up dot at 7 am this means I get only about 6 hours sleep average which is difficult to sustain (now been more than 14 months since I got a full nights sleep). Need to get these done sometime during the day.
I wake up at least 2-3 times every night whenever S cries or wakes up. This needs to stop.. as I cannot get back to sleep quickly each time. We need to gradually get S used to sleeping in her own cot and sleeping through the night- now usually halfway through the night she cries and then I take her onto our bed.
Shifting the house every week is also very tiring- I need to take about a full car trunk load of stuff back and fro every time and this is tiring to pack, carry, unload, repack etc etc. Will just have to become more efficient with what we have at each place
Stop worrying about what S is eating , doing etc etc and spend more time playing and talking to her. When I worry about her eating I get more irritiable as well. I have decided to take S along with me to my mom’s place for the 3 day weekend coming up and since this will involve a flight there and back and maybe two dinners alone at the airport it should help me become less fussed
I also want to take a break and have someone else pamper me for a change, and more importantly not have to worry about the house being cleaned, food being prepared, rushing home every afternoon to see if S is ok. Am going home for the long weekend …yippee
Also my schedule is very hectic nowadays- morning is S’s milk, potty, then bath, then prepare her breakfast, then get ready for office while the maids feed her, rush to office, rush home for lunch, back to office, then back home, take S to park, give her dinner, play with her, then our dinner, then her milk, then play, then S sleep, then finally at 11 p.m. I get some time to myself. I think it has become tiring because a) I get very stressed if I am not able to leave from work in time to take S to the park- maybe I should set a target for doing this every alternate day otherwise it can get very difficult, and b) since I gave our smaller car to my brother I have been traveling a lot by auto- up and down twice a day, in the heat and near our office autos are not available easily. Now we are getting another car (yippee) so that should make things more relaxed

Also it’s a state of mind. I guess I just need to take things a bit lightly from now….

No comments: