Monday, April 2, 2012

S first unsupervised playdate!

My little baby is growing up! S had her first unsupervised playdate today. By unsupervised I mean I wasn't there- the other mother was watching both the kids. We had all gone to the park together after school and the kids were cycling around/playing in the playground and I told S that we had to leave (I've got red eye and was feeling really tired and A was quite cranky) after a couple of hours. S said she wanted to continue.
So her friend's mom kindly volunteered to take S home with her so that she could continue playing with her friend there while I took A home and had an afternoon nap. I jumped at the chance. All the best to her managing two of them!
But it wasn't so bad. Firstly S is really comfortable with her friend and her friend's mom as we hang around every other day. Secondly her house is only about a 5 mins drive from my house so she knew that if she got tired/fussy they could call me and I would be there. And the weather was awesome and they have a lovely garden which extends into a meadow kind of place and the girls were happy running around there. So much so that S refused to come home when i had to pick her up!
Another first was me writing a letter to the police (yes you read that right) explaining that i had a parking permit valid for parking in a particular place and could they please consider reversing the fine they had levied on me. Really felt odd writing a letter to the police!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Ha ha. Hope the police read your note and reversed the fine. Can't imagine writing to them especially when you come from the Indian context

And sweet freedom! The day will come when A will also play on her own without your supervision..