Sunday, November 20, 2011

A's antics

So what is A upto?

She's started speaking a lot suddenly and some of the things she says are
'Appy' for happy
'More' when she wants more of something (mostly snacks)
'Over' when something is finished, usually followed by 'More' if it is snacks
'Mummy, Papa, Akka (for S)' - sometimes when we go to pick up S from school, A will run to the door and knock on it and say Akka loudly
'Two, three' - never one
'No' never yes. Vigorous nods of the head for indicating yes but no yes
'Banana', today she pointed at a banana and said Banana and when i asked her if she wanted it she nodded yes and ate half of it by herself. I know it sounds strange that i'm getting excited over a toddler eating a banana but we rarely eat fruits in this house! (snacks yes)
'Schuss'- that is German for bye and she says it to her friends at the creche
'Bye' also
'My'- that's for me. If i'm giving some water to S, she'll point at herself and say My which means she wants water as well. Nearly everything given to S is mine now.
'Tuck'- meaning stuck, if her hand is stuck in something, or her foot is stuck in the pram
'Naanoo" means herself. Her favourite game is saying 'Papa' and i have to point out where Dad is, 'Mama' and I have to point to myself, 'Akka' and I have to point to S and 'Naanoo' and I have to point to A. Today i tried to mix it up by pretending i didn't know where 'Mama' was!
'Auter (for water)' and 'Poon (for spoon)' - she has to have a bowl of water and spoon in front of her while I'm feeding her for her to play with. As soon as i get her food in front of her she'll say 'Auter, Poon' and won't start still she gets them. Her favourite toy i think is 'Poon' because she comes into the kitchen whenever I'm cooking and opens the top drawer and takes out all the plastic spoons. I recently bought a whole set of colourful plastic spoons much to her delight.

She has just started enjoying books. Daily in the morning when i'm giving her her breakfast I have to read 3-4 books to her. Her favourite now is Goldilocks and Barney. Sometimes in the night when i read books to S she'll also get one of her books and come sit on my lap
She still loves to put things into her ears. Clay is her favourite for that

She's a number one copycat. Whatever Akka does she has to do. So if S wants to do some drawing i have to give a sheet of paper to A as well and give her some crayons as well. Its so cute when S comes and gives me her drawing and tells me what she's made, A will also come and hand over her drawing to me and look at me and wait for me to say Good/nice or something like that. When it's activiity time for S (some evenings since its getting dark at 4:45 itself these days and we are unable to go to the park I do some writing or number activity for S from a book) then I have to do activity with A also at the same time or she gets really upset. Usually i have to give her a pen like S has, a book to doodle on and now the latest craze is stickers.

She has all the bad TV habits of her sister (encouraged by lazy me). She loves Dora and Diego, knows camera, map, backpack, Boots etc etc and am sure she's picking some some Spanish from the programme as well. She loves Monsters Inc and knows the opening scene by heart (when the monster comes into the room and the kid screams). I know I know Monsters for a < 2 year old? But she doesn't usually pay much attention after the first 15 mins.

She loves to tease her Akka. Akka has her favourite pink bag in which she keeps her favourite toys (usually small pink items!!! like pigs, balls etc) and S is very possesive about the pink bag and pink toys. Whenever A wants to tease her which is pretty often she'll grab the bag/toys and run away from S as fast as possible with a very determined look on her face! The other day she went looking for the bag when S was in school and happily played with it much to her sister's ignorance.

A and her Akka continue to have their fights. Its now spread to hair pulling and hitting, only stopped when both start howling. But pretty soon they are playing together again and S keeps instructing A to do something, which A half the time doesn't bother with! They both love to wear school bags and walk around the house saying bye to me. Today I saw A taking a bag to S and asking her to put it for her so that they could walk around the house. If only S could feed her and put her to bed also!

Dear A, you're suddenly growing up so fast. I feel like I was waiting for this for ages, but now that it's happening I suddenly want to slow down time and keep you a cuddly cute babbu longer.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Can't believe A is talking already!

Mum's delight said...

I know. She's started suddenly !