Saturday, August 6, 2011

The benefits of Hindsight

December 2009-March 2010
Me, listening to November Rain in my room in campus, for the 100th time, crying bitter tears about not clearing any interviews, convinced I'll never get a decent job, end up in a PSU, not have a great career. Rewind song, lock door, puff away and weep copious tears.

Forward to August 2011
Me, running on the treadmill, listening to November Rain. Watching S and A sleep in the bedroom. No immediate plans of entering the rat race. Looking for excuses to delay applying for a job as much as possible. Know that a year or two is not going to make such a big difference. Rewind song, increase speed and incline on the treadmill, run some more.

Aah the benefit of hindsight. If someone had told me none of this matters 11 years back..




2 comments:

Anita said...

Lol. You forgot to add that you thought the PSU job would give your kids KV admission. Now look what S and A are missing..

Btw, good show with the running. I am maha impressed. I really really need to start a fitness routine

Mum's delight said...

Ya how could I have missed out on the KV admission. Kids please forgive me when you grow up