Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Diwali

Its S first Diwali and we have come to my parents place to celebrate it. Having a Diwali party at home and have invited two couples with babies to celebrate alongwith S. These babies are a year older than S but we wanted to have some kids around. S really likes interacting with other children the first day we got here my cousin's son was at home, and even though he is 8 years older to S she was watching him continously and even crawling around/cruising around after him. Of course she managed to hit him on the eye with her fish toy but nevertheless both of them enjoyed playing with each other.
We have taken a week off and going to both parents house for 4 days each. And a well deserved holiday it is. Last month has been really stressful- first S was unwell for about a week, loss of appetite, high fever; then I got tonsilitis and was completely out of sorts for a week (first time I slept in a different room from S since i couldn;t take AC/getting up at night to feed her) and then S fell ill again this time with cough and cold. That coupled with high tension at work (the US recession is taking a toll at work and everyone is carrying out reviews etc across the board which adds up to a lot work) which means lots of conference calls throughout the day and no rest (i miss my afternoon nap) So finally getting a break at home. Today we left S for the first time with myparents and went for a movie. Surprisingly I called up only once to check on her. Then my parents got S along to my aunt;s place where we joined for lunch. More kids there and more for S to play with. The hubby also introduced S to the dog (i caught him trying to make S ride the dog and lost my cool then!!) . I think S is getting slightly possessive now- when we got to my aunt's place she started crying when she saw us and then went only to the hubby and didn;t come to me for at least 10 mins!
The break from work is good, only S has got a bad cold and her appetite is poor, am getting stressed about her not eating well, but she is playing a lot and crawling/cruising all over the place so I guess not to worry too much and try try try again.

No comments: