Monday, February 16, 2009

Feeling guilty

S is unwell and its largely due to my negligence. Am feeling bad bad bad. We had gone for a party last Friday where there was a kid with a very bad cold. S started playing with her toys and putting her spoons (from her tea set) into her mouth. It did no strike me that i should be careful. maybe i was lazy, or maybe i thought she would be ok, but now 2 days later S is down with a bad cold. I should have been more careful and removed the spoons from S mouth, but she was happily munching on them and i didn't want her to be cranky there. And the silly part is that i have been so fussy with her maids- if they as much as sneeze once i ask them to take leave till they recover, and hear i just let S get exposed to a cold virus due to my laziness.
In fact the hubby warned me during the party- don't let S chew on that girl's toys but i didn;t want to make a scene. That's another problem, i don't like to make a scene in front of other people and seem too fussy, but here i should have been strict and insisted that S play with only her toys. Hope my sweety recovers soon and i learn to be more cautious.

No comments: